Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Momma Got Her Quilt and in record time too! I mailed it on Monday at 1:00 p.m. and just talked to her about 10:30 a.m today and she had it. Less than 48 hours. Wow! She really likes it she said. First comment was that she was going to put it away until the fall. It is because she wants to use the lighter colored one I gave her last year. I told her she had to sleep under if for a week before she put it away!

This quilt was originally intended for some friends of ours that divorced. I had it pieced with the exception of the borders before it became a UFO. When I went to work on my UFOs again I had to choose a new recipient and Mom was the only one I knew that had a King size bed and that I wanted to give a quilt to. She and I discussed whether she liked the colors. She said she did. I happily finished it knowing it would be a birthday gift for her and hoping she would forget she was getting it. She did!

The hand quilting in the baby quilt is all ripped out now. Now for that swatching tonight to get my quilting plan in place!

No comments: