Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, April 16, 2007

What am I going to work on next. Hmmm.... Well I have your votes and you voted on the 12 Days of Christmas. I have that topped now and just have to baste it then quilt it. I am thinking about stippling it but have to play on the new machine first to get some practice. The next item you voted on was the Denim and Flannel log cabin. That one is done. Then came the Baby Irish Chain. That one will go very quickly so while I fiddle with getting the back together for the 12 Days and get it basted I think I will quilt up that baby quilt real quick.

My buddy DrBeth-MD sent me a great quilt last year. She had quilted it using specialty stitches on her machine. I have to look at the stitches on my machine and choose one. I may go with a combination of specialty and straight stitching. You know I am a planner! Of course I will make a test swatch first to make sure I have my tension right. Then I have to choose my thread color! LOL! Yes I am a mess! She warned me it will take lots of thread. That will be a consideration as well. I did get my free cone of Sulky variegated thread when I bought my machine. I'll look to see if it matches the fabrics.

No comments: