Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, June 18, 2007


New Toys. Hubby bought me a new computer last Sunday. I spent most evenings on conference calls and did not feel like setting it up and managing those calls as well. Saturday a.m. I planned to get up and get to it but we had a service repairman that came to work on the equipment that supports our internet. I didn't want to be working on the computer in the middle of that. As soon as he left I set the new machine up and started loading the software. I got the internet connectivity going and downloaded several pieces of software. It went pretty well. Now I have to download data from the old machine that I want to save and move it over. Less urgency to get that done.

The other new toy is a floor model Ott lamp. I have the table top model. I bought another using my 40% off coupon as there was not much to choose from. I went to a bigger store and they had the floor lamp for $100. That was better than using the 40% coupon. I set it up pretty easily and think it will be great. I found some reviews from people that complain it is too short. I just need it to shine light over my shoulder while I am seated. I am sure it will be great for that!
And yes, I promised to take more pictures. Haven't tried that out yet with the new computer.....I know I know. Cut me some slack. Another weekend of conference calls. I want my evenings and weekends back!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i always wanted one of those, lemme know how it works! and i completely understand, life just takes over somedays and you cant get anything done! i have that problem all the time , hang in there, lots of love heftyxoxo

Vicki Suan said...

I have one those itty bitty table lamps and quite happy with it. One of these days, I'll get the floor model. BTW, I love the tote bags!

Sweet P said...

What kind of computer did you get? I love new computers. I hope you like the Ott lamp. I bought one at Thanksgiving and absolutely love it.

ShinyNewThing said...

No, Miss Cheeky, I haven't finished the Lone Star yet. Congrats on your new computer, I am jealous as mine is really old and getting slower every day. Like the light as well - I looked at some tabletop models at the last show I went to but didn't get one - yet.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

i have a light but it is an ordinary light with a "daylight" globe in it, it serves me well. i love reading your blog. You have inspired me to continue on with my tote, it was meant to be done for inschool, but today is Thursday and i leave Sunday, ggg.

SuBee said...

Ooooo -- aren't new toys fun? That floor model is the best - enjoy!

Rhonda said...

Congrats on the new computer. Let us know how it works out. Severl of the Wackies are thinking about up-grading or whatever one does. LOL

Samantha said...

I have that exact model lamp- and I love it. I'm sure you will too!