Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Stashbuster Topic of the Week. Are you a hand, machine or send out to be quilted quilter. For the most part I am a machine quilter. I sent out a King size quilt this year to be quilted as I knew that it would be too hard for me to quilt by machine myself. I have dabbled in hand quilting. I felt so frustrated as it seemed to be too slow. I decided to pick it out and was amazed at what I had accomplished in the short time I spent! What an eye opener! So mostly I am a machiner with basic skills and I am working on branching out into free motion.

3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I'm all 3. Depends on what it is, when I need it and the size.

Leigh said...

I admire anyone who can machine quilt.
Sending them out costs a fortune over here.

Anonymous said...

i agree with leigh it does cost a fortune to get them done over here, one of my friends friends does long arm quilting and she charges a minimum of $400 for a basic stippling on a queensize quilt and that is if you supply the batting and backing as well. not cheap at all. not even any mates rates lol. so i machine my own free motion . havent tried hand quilting yet!