Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Saturday Quilting. I finished quilting a love quilt over the weekend. I need to bind it and then there is one block that needs just a little TLC before I send it off. I will be posting a picture but want it to be received by the recipient first.

**** hint **** it's on the cutting table wink wink wink ****

My sewing room is really coming along. Most of you would see chaos but compared to what I had before it is so much better. Here are a couple of views. This is a work in progress for sure.







The Great State Fair of Texas. Our schools give the kids a day off and a ticket to the state fair. Monday was the day. My husband and I have gone every year since we have lived here with only 2 exceptions for me. We always take the kids. We went yesterday and ate our favorite foods, sampled the new food they were talking about on the news. This included funnel cake, fried peach cobbler, fried cookie dough and many others. It was all good!

Here is a picture of ds and a little lady that sells items from Peru. She has these tiny animal figures that she sells and ds always buys them from her when he finds some he doesn't already have. She is always happy to see us. It was amazing to see my son standing next to this lady. He has shopped with her since he was probably 4 or 5 and is now 14. Aren't they cute?





After we bought from her we were told by another vendor this is her last year at the fair. I hope that isn't true but we wish her the best!

There is another vendor there that makes sculptures of horned lizards aka horny toads. He have been buying a few pieces every year and this year was no exception. Here are some of our pieces. They are pewter and air brushed. Great works of art!





DH update. We have a doctor appointment on October 12th with a new Orthapedic surgeon. Our intention is to have him remove the hardware and let the infection clear then redo the replacement. If the need for the liver comes along in this process that obviously will take precedence.

1 comment:

Quilting Pirate said...

You are a brave BRAVE woman to share you humble quilting mess!!! I'm soo proud of you and you inspire me!!

I'll do the same, I was kinda unsure folks would want to see my dis-array of quilting things, but I think it helps inspire others!

And those lizards are sooo real like!!