Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Preparing for Thanksgiving and the 4 Day Weekend I have shopped for the big dinner and already made the inevitable second trip for forgotten items. I will be baking pies Wednesday night and trying to get things started that can be done in advance. Of course ds thought of one more thing he wants for dinner that day. I see another trip to the store pre-Thanksgiving in my future!

Sewing plans are also in the making. I had visions of pinning a quilt outside. Those plans are quickly waning as a big front is coming in and the 4 days I wanted to work on it are supposed to only reach low 40's. There is also talk of precipitation. Sigh.... It isn't as if I only have that one project to work on....I'll live. Reference my to do list from two weekends ago. Still have those things to get to!

Post Thanksgiving shopping plans are in the making as well. Our tv has been needing to "warm up" lately. So we are watching for sales on an LCD or Plasma tv. DH has his eye on the 42" or thereabouts. Anyone own an LCD or Plasma? Any helpful tips? I heard you want Plasma as there is no "ghosting" when you are watching action such as in a movie or in sports.

If you are traveling for the holiday I hope your travels are safe and happy!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Have a great holiday. Enjoy your baking and I hope you get some quilting time in. Batter you then me about the shopping.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Not traveling - we'll be cocooning at home (finishing up a recent renovation of the living room, decorating for Christmas, and just breathing). All the best for your plans!

Nana's Quilts said...

I bought myself an LCD TV this summer (for my birthday). We went that route as the Plasma's, I understand, are the really big sizes only and we wanted under 40". Also, again this is what I have been told, the LCD's work better in a lighter, brighter environment. In other words, I didn't want to have to draw the drapes to watch the TV, so that was the direction we went. I certainly haven't seen any "ghosting" on ours. We watch movies and some sports.

Have a great turkey day.
Marne