Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I am Here!!! I have been sewing a wee bit. I found a 3 hour long nap quite helpful and refreshing Saturday and didn't sew that day. Sunday I kicked it into gear and got a tote bag done. I also have the binding done to sew onto the love quilt. I have not sewn that on and I must! The poor dear is in the hospital again. Please send out your prayers and well wishes for zoe that she gets her much need lung transplant along with restoring her health so she can have the surgery. I will try to post a pic of the tote tonight.

Mark update. We went to the docs on Monday. First to the orthopedic. He took out the staples. Looked things over and asked how Mark was doing. Mark twisted it a little because he wasn't wearing his knee immobilizer. He gets what he gets. He prefers to take the risk since the immobilizer hurts too much. We see the ortho on the 27th for an x-ray to check healing progress. Things are as they expect at this moment. Then off to infectious disease doc. Again things are as they expect. They educated me a good bit. I asked about prevention of spread and reinfection. Keep the area clean and dry, keep the bedding clean and dry, wash, wash, wash those hands. We go back to them on the 27th as well. Mark had his first blood draw today so we should have some results to see if we are heading in the right direction.

7 comments:

Debi said...

I am glad to see you are getting a little sewing done, and of course getting in a nap! I am keeping you and Mark in my daily prayers.

Quilter Kathy said...

My goodness...taking care of him and the Dr. appointments is a full time job!

Greenmare said...

Hang in there kiddo, you are doing a tremendous job and I'm so glad to hear you got some rest AND some sewing time, you NEED both~

Anonymous said...

Doing greatSwooze
Eva

Clare said...

Thinking of you and keeping you and Mark in my thoughts. Over here in France the hospitals use something called Bethadine for hygene, washing hands, showering, etc, etc. You can get it over the counter too. If you want some let me know and I'll send it over.

tirane93 said...

healing thoughts and well wishes!

Paula, the quilter said...

Boy, I wish I had time to take a nap. It would be so nice. With CarGuy's (Mr. Paula) back so bad he has a hard time sleeping and then so do I. I would love to either take a nap or have a good night's sleep.