Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2007 What a year. I finished 4 UFOs but had lots of small projects that were started and finished along the way. I did add one UFO to my list this year. It is a baby panel that I practiced FMQ on. I will add binding to it and probably give it to my dd. Not sure why but she wants it. There are 2 RRs out floating about that will come back to me this year. When they do they will go on the UFO list which will put me at 9.

2008 My goal is to complete all 9 of those UFOs. I think I can make it. They are all at the quilting stage so just need to pick one and go to town on it. I am not officially "No Buy" this year but do plan to practice self restraint....as much as possible! :D

Non-quilty goals. I would like to get 10 more pounds off. In order to do this I will need to add excercise. So I will keep it simple...add exercise. Will see how that goes. My other goal is organization and anti-procrastination. When something needs to be done I will not put it off more than a week. On the organization front I am a FlyLady follower. I will complete her challenges that she issues each day and add several 15 minute decluttering sessions per week.

That's all for now. Happy New Year to you all. I wish you health and happiness.

11 comments:

Tracy said...

I think your goals are great! I am sure you can accomplish them:)

Happy New Year!
Tracy

Helen in the UK said...

Congrats on your 2007 achievements. Your 2008 goals sound very do-able (if that is a word!!) Look forward to seeing the quilt tops become quilts :)

Meredith said...

I am sure you can get 9 UFO's done in 2008. Happy New Year . Glad to hear all of your family is doing well.

ShinyNewThing said...

Happy New Year! I think you are amazing for being so focused and still achieving despite all the stress that life is dishing onto your plate - you are an inspiration.

Carole said...

Wow! That's quite the goals! Good for you! Happy New Year!

Luísa Silva said...

I am a flylady follower too. I hope you will accomplish all your milestones for this year. Best wishes for this new year.

Marla said...

I really think we were separated at birth. Our goals are nearly identical, I restarted Flylady although I do it my way, I have nearly the same number of UFO's....Exercise, start a journal, wear a pedometer (I'm going to buy a new one, did the research), and add little bits every day. Let's get healthy together!

Idaho Quilter said...

My weight loss is almost identical to yours I started at the same time. I started at 197 I am now 178 I have a goal of 170. I do water aerobics 3 times a week has really helped. Good luck on your UFO's. I need to get a list together. But I think I would be adding to it instead of taking away. Happy Quilting

Lynn said...

Happy New Year!
I know that you can accomplish your goals! I have made a few myself, and I hope to keep them!

Love,
Lynn

Rhonda said...

Happy New Year Swooze. I've started with a bang by going to a retreat. What a blast!
Take care.

Sarah Nopp said...

I made a resolution to go dancing with the girls :)