Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I seem to be stuck I have plenty I want to do in my sewing room but I can't seem to get in there. I have been plopped on the couch in front of the TV. At least I picked up my knitting and have been working on that. I did work on my round robin row a bit in front of the tv but the next step requires ironing, gluing and fiddling. This is a new technique I have not done before. Is that what is really keeping me away from sewing? Fear of failing? I just need to get over it! Just Do It!! Thanks Nike.....

I had signed up to make 12 - 12", 9" and 6" churn dash blocks. My friend Beth helped me to see it was ok to drop out. Two thoughts behind this action were the pressure of a timeline looming when I had lots of other things I really needed to get done and the recent bad taste in my mouth with swaps. One of my WHIMMS is to make a multi size block quilt. This would have moved me toward that goal. Seriously....I need to get my UFOs going again.

6 comments:

Nana's Quilts said...

Don't know if it would be any help, but my crazy exchange group designates a date when you may only work on UFO's. Makes it kind of special and not such a drudge because I know that the next day I can put it away again. :-)

I love some of those Australian gals quilts with the different sizes of blocks. Hmmmm. Not for me, yet, but. . . . . .

Marne

SuBee said...

I like to get some friends over and we all help each other with UFO's, and that gives a real kick in the pants start. Of course, the multi sized blocks is one I've had in my head for awhile, and now you've made me think about it again! LOL - Thanks!

Denise (Nour) said...

Thanks for the welcome! We have a little house in Heritage Heights just off of Tom Miller Rd. Right now I'm in Saudi Arabia but I usually come to Plattsburgh 2-3 times a year and especially in the summer. What a small world! Good luck on the UFO's!

Quilter Kathy said...

Maybe you are getting worn out from working on other people's quilts? I found that happened to me a few years ago and I quit doing the swaps and round robins, except for with people I know really well. Maybe you need to work on quilts that you love, with fabric you love in designs that you love, without having to please other people or work with their choices?? Just a thought!

Marla said...

UFOS & WHIMM. You could get in really big trouble, kicked out of blogrings even, for using profanity and 4 letter words! I for one won't stand for such language!!!I am going to totally ignore that statement and hope you don't make the same mistake again.......

Meredith said...

A time line is a good idea. Maybe you just need a break. :)