Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

More February Progress I managed to get what I think I want to do to my Round Robin due the 15th of this month, done. I made my piece to add and will have to just sew it on. I wanted to get a few opinions first. I have one thumbs up so far so am going with it.

What's next.....

DH Update We went to the doc last week to see about him being listed on the transplant list. We will know more this Thursday. They took lots of blood tests. His blood sugar was over 600 so they ordered another test. He "forgot" to take his shot that a.m. This will probably keep him from being listed. They gave us his MELD score of 17. I asked questions about his chances of getting a liver at this level. Unless he gets to a 20 or higher he won't get a liver for a long time. Bottom line, he is going to have to get really sick before he gets a liver.

Stats for those that care. If you are a 23 you get a liver in about a week. 22 you get one in about 4-6 weeks. If someone comes in with liver cancer they automatically get a 22. She said there are "lots" of those. And so there it is.

I am fine. Just tired from the emotional roller coaster.

1 comment:

Nicole & Phil said...

I hope you are getting time to go have a massage, or a facial or something...you sound exhausted at the moment!
I think of you often, and hope the family is all pulling together and coping! ((hugs))

Also, you've been tagged (sorry in advance if you hate this sort of thing, and you don't have time...if you ignore it, you won't hurt my feelings), I've never done this before....