Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Quilting Report.....2 bobbins down. I am now over a quarter of the way through the center portion of the top. I quilted for about 1.5 hours. I hope that I can have the center quilted by Sunday. I need to decide what to do on the borders. Normally I just stitch in the ditch. On my Peacock quilt I actually stitched down the middle of the wide border to echo the inner borders. I liked that look and may repeat it here. I will post a picture of the quilt later this week and see what you all think.

I decided to fill up 6 more bobbins since that is what I thought it would take to get the center quilted. I ran out of thread on the 5th one. Will have to head to the store to get another spool. I will also have to rebaste the borders as the quilting is smoothing things out and I have a little wave. Good to catch that now.

How are you doing on your UFO goals this year?

2 comments:

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

lucky you to have been so productive.Wish my Ufo's caught up.

Quilter Kathy said...

I know exactly what you mean about the border wave...I wish I could figure out how to not get that. One of my friends said it is because I quilt too heavily in the centre?