Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Today is Wednesday Do you know I haven't been to my machine at all since Sunday. I am sort of stuck on my Irish Chain. I have some ideas for the border but still trying to decide. I think I will quilt what I have already decided upon and then move on to the next UFO. To continue I have to re-baste or mark the quilt. This requires me to use a table that I can only setup outside. Which of course requires nice weather. Am I making excuses? I do have my 7 Sisters quilt that I am hand quilting to work on.

Of course this nagging little voice pops into my head when I think about moving on to another quilt and warns me about finishing things and why I have UFOs. HUSH little voice! I think I have been really good about finishing lately.

I have the Dallas quilt show to attend this weekend. I am going to make it a 2 day event and meet up with folks on both days. The plan is noon at the raffle quilt. Just call out swooze! I will answer :D. I have my shopping list all drawn up. It is sort of funny...I am not on the "No Buy" challenge but my desire to buy fabrics is rather tame at the moment. I do have two specific lines I am interested in plus I need a backing for an RR. Other than that...I feel like I have plenty.

How are you doing on your UFO goals? Tell me how many you have this year, how many you have completed this year and what your goal is for completing them. I will have to see if I can find a little something for a giveaway. Answer my question before Sunday 3/16 ends!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear Swooze
I have 3 ufos, I have finished one, a raggedy heart quilt for my friend, who cried when she saw the label and it was for her. I have drawn out the ripple pattern for my gumleaf quilt and did the first lot of ripples yesterday, which went quite well. I plan to have it finished for our local show and I have a table runner/wall hanging, featuring tigers and african type fabric still cut out waiting. I would love to have it done for the local show as well.
http://community.webshots.com/user/evasoaussie - is my webshots, where you can see some of my quilts
cheers
Eva

MAMACRAFTY said...

3 UFO's down and ONLY 6 to go!~!~

Greenmare said...

oh I'm scared to admit to all my UFOs, but I think that the majority of them are in my mind and on my own wishlist, not actually started......... does that still count? Have fun at the show!

Danielle said...

I have a huge pile of UFOs. A friend tried to tell me recently that they are WIPs but when they've sat in a rubbermaid tub for more than 10 years, I think you can legally call them UFOs!!!

I am gradually working my way through, starting with the most recent and looking for what's most interesting to work on after that. I'd like to finish at least six of them and give away those projects that I am not going to work on EVER.

Thanks for your encouragement!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah Nopp said...

I am going to start practicing the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy with regards to UFOs. Nobody needs to know what is lingering in my closet LOL

Lynn E said...

Hi swooze . I don't know if i updated the ring code correctly. Could you let me know