Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Another UFO Finished I started this Round Robin last year and it came home to me this year. I counted it as a UFO as it met the criteria of when it had been started, before January 1 of this year. I picked it up from the long armer Friday and sewed the binding on it the same day. I stitched on that binding every spare minute and put the last stitches in it this morning when I got up. This RR represents many firsts for me. First round robin, first time I had done the blanket stitch by hand, paper piecing, machine applique. I know many have bad experiences but I think this one turned out wonderfully. Many thanks to Teresa, Becky, Beth, Jane and Paulette for your work on this RR. I love it!


7 comments:

julieQ said...

It turned out great, and sounds like you had lots of new experiences with this project. Happy Mother's day!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Swooze. I is soooo pwoud of u...ggg. It looks just beautiful and a credit to your steep learning curve that you have had on it.

Best wishes
Eva
who got to clean her windows on mothers day and do a bit of machine quilting

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a beautiful RR quilt - I love the colors. I like your irish chain too. Give your son a hug - congrats on being a light!!

Quilter Kathy said...

This is a great quilt! It represents lots of learning and trying new things - and you got a wonderful quilt out of it!

Nicole & Phil said...

What a great quilt, I am always amazed when I see the final round of the round robin!

Sweet Woodruff said...

I like the butterflies and the flowered vines around the border. You did a lovely job.

MAMACRAFTY said...

I want to see up close stitches please. Thanks!~!
Looks great!~!