Judy L's UFO Challenge

Friday, May 16, 2008

The Following Are Actual Events.... No names have been changed as there are no innocent

Let's set the stage. This UFO obsessed person just got a UFO back from the quilter. Trying to decide what to concentrate on...a fast finish or longer term finish.

Me: You know I am in this UFO challenge where there are 100 women that all have to finish a UFO each quarter. As you finish your name moves to the bottom of the list. If your name bubbles up to the top of the list you have 1 week to finish something or you have to pay a fat quarter... You also have to have 1 finish per quarter but I already have that.

dh: okay....

Me: So I am trying to decide what to work on next. I have this big quilt to hand quilt and I wonder if I should just work on that and save the binding for a fast finish...

dh: (blank stare)

Me: What do you think?

dh: All this just over a fat quarter???

Me: Well....yeah....

He just doesn't get it. I went and consulted with my buddy Beth. She thinks I should machine the binding on and save the hand work if I get toward the top of the list. I like that woman! She gets it!!

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Men just don't get it, do they? My dh thinks I should do one project and finish it before starting another. Where's the fun in that? Lucky you though he gave you that pretty fabric for your birthday!

Quilter Kathy said...

Thanks for today's giggle!
It's true - men don't get it!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Oh my, that UFO challenge would scare me to death! I have way too many UFOs to even put on a list!

Teresa said...

I think the UFO challenge sounds like fun. So what happens to all the FQ's that folks have to contribute?

Anonymous said...

I get it Swooze, but my dh wouldn't either. I must have been busy this week, I got to read more than 3 posts in a row tonight. DD2 and I are off to minischool for 5 days, leaving dd1 (11yrs old) home with Dad, and since we do school by distance education, hopefully she will remain motivated for the 5 days..... while dad is at work all day. I am sure she will do ok, she is mature and responsible.
Cheers
Eva

ShinyNewThing said...

completely agree, men don't get it. nice to see the pic of your gift purchases, and all your other goodies. You are doing really great! You should be proud of your achievements, best wishes, Sharon

Mary Johnson said...

I got lots of UFO's done the first couple months of the year but have slowed down some now with the move and with *fresh* HeartStrings tops rolling in for quilting.

I like to have something that doesn't take a lot of work in case I move too high up the list. I did get a 2nd quarter UFO finished thank goodness.

Floss said...

I like the UFO Challenge idea. I have not seen it done that way before. My DH doesn't understand these things either.