Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Updates on Machine and Spencer I picked up my machine yesterday. I haven't sewn with it yet but plan to this weekend. While I was at the Janome dealer I got a lesson on the rolled hem foot and she showed me how to use a wing needle made for creating a hem stitch. I had never heard of one before. Fascinating. I bought the needle and will be playing with it this weekend.

We got a call from the vet yesterday. I think the news was pretty good. He has a lower intestine infection. He will be on antibiotics for 6 weeks and has to take a B12 shot once a week for 6 weeks. The antibiotic is called tylosin and is actually a horse medicine. The vet had to call the compound phramacy to have it made for a dog. We should have the meds in the next few days. I hope Spencer regains the weight and muscle quickly. I think he is starting to show weakness in his legs now.

On the UFO front...I have the third side of the quilt almost bound. Tonight I will turn that corner and be on my way to a finish. This will put me at the bottom of the Queens list for awhile on the Stashbuster UFO Challenge so I will be concentrating on my 7 Sisters. I need to start making progress on that quilt if I hope to get it done this year! I keep saying by end of June I will have all my UFOs done. I should say, except this one. If I am not careful this quilt is going to get me crowned.

4 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

So glad Spencer is going to be OK!

Jeanne said...

Happy to hear they were able to diagnose Spencer and help him. I hope he is back to his ole self very soon.

julieQ said...

Hope Spencer can get back on his feet soon...I am glad for the update! He really does take "horse pills"...

Greenmare said...

Hey, show pictures! I have a wing needle and I had no idea what it was for! It looks a bit dangerous to me. ;-) Glad to hear the good news about Spencer!!!!! yeah for horse medicine!