Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, May 05, 2008

When it Rains it Pours I had a project deadline of Saturday at midnight. I had been sewing every spare minute since Wednesday to meet it. That is the project I had all the cutting issues with. Well I was working steadily at it Saturday morning sewing pieces together after playing with the layout. Suddenly my 1 year old Janome won't catch the bobbin thread. I take her apart and clean her out. I can't see what is wrong but do see the thread getting caught. I got up and drove her immediately to my Janome dealer. They fiddled with her and said they thought the timing was off. How the heck did I do that? I didn't hit a pin. The only thing I can think of is I was working with batiks and they sometimes sew like steel. I probably should have changed the needle before that project started. Some of the intersections of seams were tough to get through. Hmmm.... They say I can pick her up today more than likely. Yippee!!

Luckily I had also bought a Jem Platinum as a class machine last year. It is also known as dd's machine. When I got back I set her up and went to sewing. I was pressing the piece when I noticed I had sewn the lining wrong side out. Sigh.... I had pinned so carefully too visualizing the piece so that when I turned it it would be right. The lining wasn't in that visualization. Darn! So I just pressed it well and went to take pics. Dead camera. My dd loves to play with my camera and had used up the battery. Luckily I have a rapid charger. I charged it up and snapped the pics. I finish with 4-5 hours to spare. Wish me luck! The piece is sitting on the cutting table waiting to be unlined so I can correct it and finish it properly! Pics after voting is over!

Along with the challenge piece I planned to sew the binding on my Irish Chain. It is a large queen size and I am halfway through. If my machine had not gone wonky I was going to start the quilting on my Chain Events. I think it was for the best that it did as I would not have progressed as far as I had on the UFO. I have decided to concentrate on the UFO and just get it done without thinking about other projects. I am creeping up the Queens list for the Stashbuster UFO Challenge and do not care to be crowned Queen.

That's all folks. Sorry to be so pictureless lately. I will try to get some pics in this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's funny Swooze,, you think it's not right, then it turns out right, like life sometimes I think too. I love reading what you do, you are sooooo talented.
Cheers
Eva