Judy L's UFO Challenge

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kentucky and Back! My kids were with their grandparents for a few weeks in New York. I tried to talk Dad into driving them down to Baltimore as I could get a cheap direct flight. He insisted that we drive and meet halfway. I was ok with this since I would get to see my folks again even if for only a short time. I will save you the drama.

I left on Friday at 4:30 p.m. and took DD's bff with me to help me stay awake for the drive. We stopped in West Memphis for the night then met with everyone around noon the next day in Franklin, KY. Everyone in my folks car was super crabby. Too much time together in close quarters I guess. We all ate lunch together and chatted for a few minutes afterwards. It was so early and I still felt fresh enough to drive so we decided to part company. I drove until I was almost in Little Rock. We stopped, had dinner, went swimming. I left the kids at the pool and showered and climbed into bed with my quilt to work on the binding. Do you know you can't sew with your eyes closed?

We all got up bright and early the next morning and drove home. Got there around 1:30 p.m. 1,400 miles round trip and approximately 22 hours of driving. It was a nice little trip and showed me I could make those long drives. I have been a little sore but not too bad.

Since getting home I have been working on my binding. I just turned the corner to work on the third side. Fell asleep in front of the t.v. trying to get that side at least half way. No go! But I will have this quilt bound by the weekend. I am very pleased at how it is turning out.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

That's quite a lot of miles to drive! Glad the trip went well and good luck with the last of your binding.

Marla said...

Reminds me of the trips I used to make from Ft. Worth to Ohio with the girls.....worthwhile and oh so satisfying to know you can do it alone!

Marla said...

Reminds me of the trips I used to make from Ft. Worth to Ohio with the girls.....worthwhile and oh so satisfying to know you can do it alone!