Judy L's UFO Challenge

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Play Date

I went to my friends house for a sew date. I did lots of pressing and cutting for new quilts. Nancy V on stashbuster mentioned to me about having some UFOs that were uninspiring. I told her she should send them to me so that I could play with them. I thought there was one but she sent two. One of the UFOs she sent 4 blocks for plus some other pieces. I love this one.

Below are the layouts I played with. I like the third layout and was trying to lean toward on point settings but may change my mind. Nancy asked I donate these to charity but really would like to give this back to her. It is really nice.

All comments on layouts are welcome!




This is the other set of blocks that she sent. There are lots of possibilies with these but I will push this one down the list for now.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the second and third layout Swooze. And I love the blocks below them too. I am sure you will do them proud Swooze.

I am working on a strip pieced sunset scene with a silhouette of a tree, which I am about to machine embroider....once I practice a bit.
Cheers

Kathy said...

I like the third layout. I know you will do a great job. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blocks. Looks like a lot of work went into them. My vote is for layout #3.

ShinyNewThing said...

I like the third layout best, then the second, definitely better on point. What great blocks! so now you have no UFOs of your own, you are taking in other peoples,lol?

Marla said...

Ohhhh, I really like 2 & 3......leaning towards 3.....

Teresa said...

Wow those blocks are so pretty and they look totally different when put on-point. I think I like them better set not-on-point, whatever you call that. I say "I think" because give me 30 seconds and I will change my mind. They look great either way. Here's a thought..put one on-point in the center and the others "not" in rows above and below.

Floss said...

The blocks are very pretty, I think I like layout number 3.

*karendianne. said...

Ohhh these blocks are reall really neat!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

I am no help...I like them all!
What pretty blocks!
Look forward to seeing what you decide to do with them!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

wow. great sets of blocks! I love the blocks in the third one... good luck!