Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Yesterday I Went to My Sewin at tirane's house. I saw Babs and Mimi. I went with a mission to cut a stripe fabric that is key to two tops I am making. I have put this off for a long time. And as a result I have not really worked on anything for probably two weeks. So after procrast....er...enjoying my coffee....then a glass of water I setup everything to start cutting. Once I was setup I had to checkout everyone else's work. Tirane was binding a table runner, Bab's was cutting fabric for some small gift items she is making for a craft fair and Mimi managed to bind a lap quilt. I finally asked tirane to come listen to how I planned to cut this fabric. She listened and confirmed my plan and I put cutter to fabric.

I cut...and I cut...and cut some more. After 4 hours of cutting I managed to cut the fabric for borders for both quilts. I also cut the strips for the sashing for one of the quilts but still had more cutting to do. I was so hungry I decided to go home. Once I fed myself I went straight back to cutting. I probably cut for another hour and had the sashing strips cut for one of the tops. I still had to subcut them.

After completing other necessary items I subcut the sashing strips and began sewing. I amnot sure how long it took me but I finally have all the blocks done on my fuschia quilt. I will probably assemble the top on that one and finish cutting the fabric for the daisy quilt.

I am so happy to finally be over the hump and sewing again!
Here is the center. Now to add the borders.

4 comments:

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Oh Swooze--I have been there so many many times. I have had a quilt on my design board for well a long time--not knowing what to do and just not doing it. So glad you are over the hump, so to speak.

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

WOW--enough said,huh! I have a friend who just finished a purple and green quilt. Beautiful combination. Great Job!

julieQ said...

I am glad you got your borders cut, sometimes borders are the hardest part of the quilt to me. Your quilt is so pretty and fresh. I have been enjoying your Houston highlights, maybe I can go next year!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I love that pic Swooze, but then I really love fucias. Such a shame it is far too hot and dry for them to grow up here. My mum used to have one in her fernery and I used to call it the ballerina tree when I was little. I am making great progress on my lone star while making some Christmas wine/coffee coasters in between.