This is a concept that I learned about on a yahoogroup called stashbuster. The idea is to list 4 items that you want to work on at any given time. You can finish all 4 and add 4 more or as you finish one add a new one. The options are limitless. What is limited is the number of projects you have to worry or think about at once.
When I find my mind or my hands jumping around to different things and no real focus I quickly jot down my fab 4. This helps me get done what needs getting done. You know I use this in my hobbies maybe I should use it in other areas of my life.
Here is my list:
- finish testing mystery quilt - sew and fringe fleece blankets - bind the 2 BQ quilts (we'll count that as two)
I go to a local church that has a sew-in twice a month. The ladies there are mostly local guild members but some are invited guests of those ladies. I think this is the fourth month I have gone and I really enjoy the companionship.
I hoped to accomplish a lot. I took several projects with me. I wanted to:
- trim dd's quilt so that I can hand tack the binding on. Didn't do that. - make the binding for my Aunt's quilt - DONE - cut out a mystery quilt I am testing - DONE - cut out and sew pieces for some underpants I am customizing for ostomy bags - cutting done - cut and sew some fleece for baby blankets - got the cutting done
I had hoped to get a little more sewing done on some of these things but for 3 hours I think I accomplished a great deal!
I have this coming week off. Let's see what I can get done. My list includes sewing, cooking, decluttering and organizing tasks.
- Donation Baby Quilts (3) - topped - Daisy quilt - DONE - Quilt of Valor - complete 1/19 and donated
- Gavan's Blooming Ninepatch - DONE - Red, White and Black Spring Breeze - DONE - Asian Pinwheels for Darcy - in progress - It's a Wrap - topped - Daisy Star Quilt for Darcy - Split Decision in Red, White and Blue
- Poppy BQ - Dog Quilt in 30's - in progress - Pink and Brown Quilt
- Darcy's Batik quilt - ABANDONED - OU quilt - DONE - Golf quilt - DONE - Fuschia quilt - DONE - 6" patch OU baby quilt * - DONE - Quilt for Jim * - DONE