Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, April 18, 2011

Deconstructing Jeans I have been saving jeans to make a flannel and denim quilt for some time. While I am separated from the projects I really want to be working on I decided to start cutting up the jeans so that I can start stripping them. I am going to make a log cabin from them. I just have to decide my strip width.

I bought these rag quilt snips some time ago at Michael's. I have been putting off this task as I was afraid I would have sore hands and fingers from cutting through the denim. It has been a breeze so far since these snips are super sharp!













3 comments:

Greenmare said...

I'll have to look for some of those! I went through so many rotary cutter blades cutting up jeans for all my jean quilts, it was ridiculous!

Mary Johnson said...

I made a jeans quilt for Adam but just squares. My longarm didn't like quilting it and I had to go really slow but he loved it.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

O...o, my friend has made lots of denim quilts. She even made one that she put flannel behind the denim squares and cut stars on the denim. The stars fray and show the fun flannels behind...

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com