Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Orca Bay Progress

Looks like the quilting mojo may be back. Last night after tidying up the apartment from having left the teen home alone for the weekend I decided to continue sewing on OB. I had found a quick and easy way to put the Ohio Star rows together without spreading everything out so I decided to do the same for the "skinny" rows.

I looked the completed rows over that I had sewn over the weekend and got a plan in my mind and started sewing. I sewed all the blue strip pieces to the end of the "crab" units. When I started putting rows together I realized that I should have sewn the blue block on one end for half and on the other end for the other half. I guess I should have done one rows worth before sewing them all.

I got my trusty seam ripper out and picked out about half of the blocks that I had just sewn. I started assembling the rows and should be able to finish them up tonight. I can see an OB center in the near future!




















9 comments:

Krista said...

Nothing like a retreat to kick-start the mojo. Looking forward to seeing your Orca Bay - I love the blues in this one.

Debi said...

So gld you got to go to retreat...and that you had a wondeful time.

Barb said...

Glad your Mojo is back, I hate ripping....

swooze said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

You are making wonderful progress on your Orca Bay. It has too many pieces for me to deal with; thus, I admire those who are working on the quilt. Nice job!

Laurie @ ... And In My Spare Time I Quilt said...

What a great weekend you had, and look how far you are on your OB! I probably won't get mine done unless I go on a retreat too!

Katie Ringo said...

Your rows are looking lovely! I'm still on Part 7. :((

Mavis said...

Nice job!

I will be hanging out with my seam ripper too as I thought I was being smart assembling 'blocks' rather than 'strips' and wondered why I ran out of string triangle units. Then I saw it. Duh. Anyway, good for you for pressing on. I'm right behind ya!

ShinyNewThing said...

Wow, so many pieces! It looks great. I've never been on a retreat, not very common over here. Sharon