Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, June 02, 2013

Stash Report and a Sewing Machine



I haven't added anything since I inherited my mothers stash.  I've sewn some this week so progress on using it up.  2 months or so ago I bought a 1/2 yd cut of a sale fabric just because.  I look at that piece of fabric and do not feel happiness over possessing it.  It will serve as a reminder to me to buy by need only because I have plenty that I already love.

The machine you see above was bought for me by my DD.  I didn't know her plan.  She bought it because it was pretty.  She spent $50 on it.  There is no bobbin, bobbin cover, spool pin or foot pedal.  I'm working with her to contact the seller to see if they have any if these pieces.  If DD doesn't care if I use it or not I will just shine it up and put it on display for now.

Quilty hugs.

Swooze

4 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Very cool that your DD thought you might like to have a machine such as this!

glen

Rhonda said...

I'm with you. I think we all have enough fabric to last us much longer than we think.
What a neat find and I'm sure a wonderful surprise.
Take care.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Very nice!!! I have one of these in a cabinet, it is a red eye but it is treadled. :)

Deborah Hamilton said...

That's a pretty machine. You have a very thoughtful DD.