I had continued to sew and have completed a few tops. I have also been crocheting and have a few things to share. I am going to catch you up over the next few days with multiple posts.
Here is the quilt top I made for Ray. He had been asking for a quilt. I began looking for a Harley Davidson something to feature in the quilt. In my mind it was going to be a t-shirt. I was pleased to find a flag, made of nylon, for the center. I backed it with black 100% cotton. The design is based on the Gettysburg pattern by Nancy Miller.
I wanted a bed sized quilt. When I was figuring the math I kept thinking my blocks were 10" when they were only 8". Ray said not to worry about it. That's not my style. He wanted it for the bed and so did I. I made the flame border to round it out. I like the flame although it definitely looks like the after thought that it is. The quilting will tie it together and the borders will be hanging down the side of the bed. Ray is happy and that is what counts.
Glad to be back!