I have had my Avante for two months now. I played on her for probably 6 weeks. Here are some pics if my work. The first shows working on a pantograph. Too rigid for me but I'll try again someday.
This is some of the ideas I saw elsewhere and ideas of my own that I toyed with.
Mire doodling playing with hearts and leaves and vines and stars.
I took my practice quilt off the frame and loaded my first quilt. I started to baste it and hit the leader knocking the basket out that holds the bobbin. I was stuck until I could get someone to come look at it or I could take it to someone. My salesperson was in France so I asked someone in town to help me out. We made arrangements for them to teach us how to re-time the machine. They came over and had us fixed up lickety split.
I loaded the first quilt which I blogged about previously. Here it is again.
I am pleased with the outcome but definitely needed to relearn some things. I took the quilt to Wattafind in Mesquite and Jaqueline helped me figure out what I was doing wrong. She explained some things and suggested some others. Based on my blog I also got suggestions from Glen of Quikts and Dogs on some things to try. With this new knowledge in my head I quilted this.
I am happier with this outcome. Still lots of learning ahead. I have another quilt loaded that I will use the same thread on then will be changing thread colors. That in itself may present a whole new set of learnings. Will report back on my adventures.