Judy L's UFO Challenge

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Microwave Bowl Process

I love microwave bowls but I hate how long it takes to mark them.  When I made the last round I think that was the most tedious part.  Google any tutorial for them and you will see the process.

Here is how I do it now.  I cut the fabric and batting per the instructions.  I fold the batting in half and mark one inch from the center then 2" down from the edge on the fold.  I fold the batting in half in the other direction and repeat.


Can you see the marks at the top, bottom and side?

Here is what it looks like when open.


I lay the batting on the fabric square and fold the whole thing in half and sew my darts in each end. I refold it and sew the darts in those ends and continue on with the directions as normal.

Let me know if you have questions.

Swooze

No comments: