Judy L's UFO Challenge

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Another Flimsy Finish

II took a class a week ago on machine binding.  I learned a few great tips.  One of which is an app by Robert Kaufman called QuiltingCalc.  It has lots of great calculators in it.  One is figuring number of strips to cut for your binding.  The other is sizes to cut your side and corner setting triangles.  

I misread it and only cut the side triangles in half rather than quarters.  I love how it finished my quilt.  In fact I decided to NOT add a border because I loved how it floated.  I did have to recut my corners to make them larger but I love this top!

The little four patches were purchased at a retreat in Witchita Falls last year.  It was a 50 cent bag of squares.  I sewed the 4 patches last year.  I also had a bolt of this great blue fabric that I bought for $1 a yard.  So far I have about $2 invested in this quilt and I LOVE it!


I was planning to donate it but a fb friend or two commented on it.  It may end up gifted to one of them.

Swooze

4 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

so pretty....blue and white always nice...

Chantal said...

I love it. Did you used all the squares from the .50$ bag? That is a very beautiful blue fabric and to get it at 1$/yard that's the bargain of the year. If ever you get tired of it, I will gladly take the leftover lol. Congrats on getting it to the flimsy stage. ;^)

Rhonda said...

What a great inexpensive quilt. Love it. Congrats on another finish!!!

Juryizstillout said...

Nice!