Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Pillowcase Finish

I was gifted these two pillow cases as kits.  They were all cut, rolled and pinned following the hot dog pattern.  I received these in early 2012.  I sewed the first seam, turned them out and let them sit until last week.

I was talking with some friends about gift ideas for our guild Christmas party.  As soon as someone mentioned pillowcases I remembered I had these.  I went home and hunted them down.  I sewed that final seam and wrapped them.  They were gifted and the recipient seemed to like them.



There were some neat door prizes as well.  I had a 50-50 chance of winning.  I didn't but my table mate gifted hers to me.  These were made by some of the guild members and have a cute sewing theme.



Quilty hugs!

Swooze

2 comments:

patty a. said...

See there was a reason why you didn't finish those pillow cases back in 2012! Your post reminds me I need to make a few for Xmas presents. Your arrangement I that pretty B&W mug is very nice!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Love the idea for that arrangement! I like to make pillowcases to use as gift wrap. Of course this year I will have to purchase wrapping paper.