Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, January 02, 2017

Looking forward in 2017

I am starting the year with 43 UFOs. I bought two at an estate sale and I was given two by a friend. So I had lots of help to increase my UFO count.

I have been thinking about my goals for 2017 and the main thing that comes to mind is that I want to be a finisher. That means I'd like to finish UFOs but I'd also like to finish new starts and not have things carryover from year-to-year.

With that said, if I complete one UFO per week then I can finish all of my UFOs this year. I doubt that will happen and I'm sure I would become bored with that plan as well.

There are several things that I would like to try. I would like to make postcards and art quilts. I would like to participate in the RSC too. Then let's add to that all the great sew along's that are hosted all over the internet. Then there are the scraps…Oh the scraps. I have recently been asked to do some commission work as well. Let's face it the universe does not want me to only work on UFOs.

To summarize I want to FINISH, I want to learn, I want to participate, and I want to get a handle on my stash whether it be scraps or yardage.

I will aim for 24 UFO finishes. 0 new starts carrying over into 2018. More fabric going out than coming in.

Here's to 2017!

Swooze

4 comments:

Shelly said...

I know I'm going to have carry-over for at least one more year. Probably forever. I just have so much going on all the time, and I don't intend to quit, so I'll always be working on something. I DO desperately want to have a smaller number, and be a finisher, too! And yes, there are many more things to work on just besides the UFOs!

Chantal said...

My eyes popped out of my head when I read "finishing one UFO per week" (0`0`). I guess they must be near completion? Good luck with your goal. It was my plan to be a finisher in 2016 but I got distracted. I started a planner this year to keep me on track and remind me of my goals. I know that the planner can't help me if I don't stick with it, so this year I want to be a "sticker", lol. ;^)

patty a. said...

24 finishes in a year - that is a lot to accomplish! I think your goal of becoming a finisher is a wonderful goal! It is easy to just set things aside and move on to something else. It takes a lot of determination to finish a project. Life has a way of getting in the way so take little steps and pat yourself on the back for each finish!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I am going to sew non-stop.....well, only stopping to cook, which I miss as much as sewing.