Judy L's UFO Challenge

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Maybe It Wasn’t the Best Idea

I measured the top, center and back I showed yesterday. Each time I got different measurements and realized the top isn’t square.

There was a 3” difference in length from one side to the other. Then on the width there was a difference of 2”. Obviouly I needed to even it up.

I folded it lengthwise on my kitchen floor and could immediately see the issue. I got the scissors and measuring tape. Glen, you might want to go pee before reading further. I got down on the floor... I measured the length again to confirm what needed to be trimmed and trimmed it. I now needed to refold it to take care of the width.

Here is where the “Not the Best Idea” comes in. Back on August 22nd I was walking out of the office and I heard the bone in my right foot snap. I have neuropathy so it didn’t really hurt. Long story short I have a Jones fracture and a lovely new accessory...a boot.


It hasn’t been the easiest thing to get around with but I’m better at it. Well as soon as I sat on the tile floor I thought...this isn’t going to work out for me. Luckily I carry my cell phone around like a life alert.

I called Ray, my significant other, and asked if he could help me with a couple things. He walked in and gave me that look. He knew. We started with the most important thing which was refolding and trimming the quilt. Mission accomplished.

Then came the fun part. Can he get me off the floor? I got to my knees and he grabbed me to stand me up. I said wait! I walked on my knees to the kitchen counter. I pulled myself up on the counter while he pulled me around the waist. I needed the extra boost to get that boot out from under me and stand upright again.

Now I have a trimmed top. Do you think he’ll rescue me when I work on the backing??

Hugs!

Swooze

8 comments:

sewengel said...

I'm so sorry about your break. BUT I will give you my 2 cents. Oh, love your blog BTW! Our DD suffered a Jones fracture 10 years ago. I know you are listening to your doc, but our experience is that NO weight bearing. She ended up having 2 surgeries. First doc put in a pin and it bent. The second doc, who we LOVED, took out the pin and put a plate with 6 screws holding it. NO weight bearing from both docs. Ten years later another doc took the plate and screws out and now the weTher can change without her foot reminding her. I don't usually give my two cents, so please forgive me. Just our nasty experience. BTW our DD was 18 at the time and it was a bugger living with her and broken foot during her senior year.

Best wishes, Sharon in Colorado.

Barb said...

How nice of him to help you....hope you heal soon.

Chantal said...

So sorry to hear about the foot. Ouch! Wishing you a speedy recovery. It makes a good funny story though. ;^)

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh dear... you are a trooper... a broken leg can't keep a quilter down for long!

patty a. said...

What a story! I wish every quilter had a big table like mine so no quilts would ever have to be worked on while on a floor. At least you called for help rather than trying to get up and possibly hurting yourself.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oh noooo!!!!!!! I can see the headlines, Quilter Stuck On Floor For Hours....Starves To Death But Has Layer Cakes and Jelly Rolls To Last For Weeks

مؤسسة سما المثالية said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
UplayOnline said...

BTW our DD was 18 at the time and it was a bugger living with her and broken foot during her senior year.


แคมฟรอก