Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Dallas Quilt Show and Shift Happens

I took a half day from work to attend the Dallas Quilt show. Lots of quilts to see and plenty of vendors. I took lots of photos to share with a home bound friend. I seem to be taking less photos of traditional quilts unless there is a color way that grabs me.

Best of Show - Beckey Prior



I had a very short shopping list. I did not find 2 fabrics I was looking for. One was a suitable sashing for the antique top I showed last time. The other was a pink and/or green 30’s print to serve as the lost binding. I saw a few but decided to wait. There’ll be more!

What I did find was an adorable panel of baby jungle animals. 2 in fact. Elephants are the nursery theme these days. I’ll whip them up for babies in my life. I was also looking for a print suitable to widen a coral quilt back I have. I found a beauty with pretty blues and corals.

I’ve also been on the lookout fir a pair of Karen Kay Buckley scissors at a local store. I mentioned this to my wool instructor, Amy, who had a booth at the show. She told me if I could find Tim Holtz scissors to get those. I had just seen them in three sizes so went back and bought the smallest size. Wow, I love the feel of these scissors in my hand. They cut extremely smoothly.

Found my jeans pattern! Yeah! I also know many many places my bindings are NOT. I was up until after 11:30 searching Saturday night. I got so mad at myself for spending so much time searching that I decided to sew Sunday. I did peek here and there but got lots accomplished on my 216 HSTs.

Want to see more quilt show pics? Art? Modern? Mini? Traditional?

Happy quilting!

Swooze

5 comments:

patty a. said...

Which quilt are you looking for 30's binding? Send me a picture. I have a small stash of vintage fabrics - maybe I have something you could use.

Chantal said...

I hate wasting time on hunting down something. Frustration to the max!!
Would love to see more quilt show pics. I love traditional and mini, please.
;^)

Rhonda said...

Oh dear, I've miss the quilt show again!!! I'll bet it was fantastic.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

what a gorgeous guilt, great win as best in show for Becky. I have some Karen Kay Buckley scissors and they are wonderful! Expensive, but I bought them from a class in Lafayette with Ami Simms. That must have been 5 years ago, maybe? They are still sharp.

Bonnie said...

Ha! I hear you on losing things and spending way too much time finding them. I "try" to have a place for everything and everything in its place. Try being the key word there!