Judy L's UFO Challenge

Saturday, March 03, 2018

Happy Progress

Last night was my sewi in at the church. I took 4 things with me. Two got a glance which was their purpose. One for border ideas and the other to show and share the quilting I did. I had hoped to trim it but was making such good progress on the other two that I put that off.

Project number 3 was strip cutting on my mystery to make progress on my needed 216 2” finished HSTs. No time for subcutting.

Here is what took the lions share of my time. I finished the rows for the footer block of rail fence blocks. I finished off the header and footer to bring it to size. I attached them to the center piece with brown sashing. I added sashing to the sides and have the sash cut to add to the top and bottom. I was going to cut the final border which is black but am trying to decide if I need a strip of color between the sash and the border. Hmmmm...

What do you think? Are you sewing today?

Swooze

3 comments:

Chantal said...

Wow! This is soooooo cool! Love, love the blue. Whatever you decide will be great because you have already done wonderful on this project all by yourself so far. ;^)

cityquilter grace said...

awesome design on this piece that i've been watching on your blog.....yes of course i'm sewing too...lol

patty a. said...

Yes, I think a strip of color would a good idea. Audition the idea out, live with it a bit, and then you can decide for sure. Boxy pouches and two road case covers were on my agenda this weekend.