Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, May 21, 2018

Hells Angels Progress

When Friday night rolled around I was faced with having to cut down the center panel, trim the giant HSTs and remaking the checkerboard panels. I started with rechecking the math one more time then brought out the rotary cutter.

I sent off a picture to the intended recipient with everything layed out to make sure he approved. He responded almost immediately to move forward.


By evenings end I had two completed checkerboard panels, 8 trimmed HSTs and a center trimmed to size. I picked back up yesterday and pieced all of these components together. I got a start on the first border with first two sides added. The remaining borders are already cut. Will just have to trim to size and sew.

My May OMG is to have this top finished and loaded on my machine to quilt. I can make it!

Remember Sandra? She was also sewing Friday night. She was working on a quilt for one of her grand children (maybe great grand). She was asking her sister to sew for her. I told her to go use my machine since I was mainly cutting. Here she is using my 301K that I named Janie.


Hope you had a productive sewing weekend.

Swooze



1 comment:

patty a. said...

I love a good checkerboard border! The quilt is looking so good!