Judy L's UFO Challenge

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Too Many Things

That is what I’m trying to focus on. Too many things.

Focus: the center of interest or activity

So I am focused on my quilting but too many things within that. I am in a sampler class that I have been spending a lot of time on. Making hexies for my first time. Assembling hexies for my first time. I will be appliqueing these on a foundation, all by Saturday I hope.



It was not too hard. I got bored with it too easily. We will see if I have a career in hexies.

I was trying to work through the Hells Angels quilt a step at a time. I was feeling really good about my progress until I realized my checkerboard segment seemed very large in relation to the size of the quilt. I stopped working on it and checked my math. From my sketch I told myself each square represented 3”. That was referring to the CUT size. I managed to cut all the borders correctly but I worked on the center and checkerboard in a separate session and translated my 3” to be the finished size.

I oversized the center of the quilt. Easier to cut down than to buy all new and start over. So I just have to cutdown the supersized pieces. I am trying to overcome the fear of the mistakes thus far. I’ll probably run through the math again then take the leap.

I’ve been making bindings for quilted quilts. I’ve been seeking backings. Seeking fabric for repairing a top. Been resizing a pattern. Been thinking about postcard designs.

Time to STOP all the busyness. Time to focus within my focus. I will be focusing on the hexie applique then the Hells Angels quilt.

What’s your focus?

Swooze

4 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Focusing on The trip. When we get back I will focus once again on quilting and getting stuff done. We will be gone for 3 weeks. An eternity. Try to be good while I am gone.

cityquilter grace said...

i feel your pain...my quilty plate is overflowing as well...sigh...

patty a. said...

I can relate! Between work, home improvement, sewing for the band, making boxy pouches, and needing to get some quilts made my plate is running over and I almost don't know what to do first. Sometimes I just stop myself and say "stop fretting and just get something done!" LOL!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Yes yes and yes -- i have a list in front of my sewing machine and when I start pondering things beyond #1 on that list, I try to re-focus. Notice I said TRY.