Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Happy Blocks Finish

I finished quilting this little gem Thursday night. Trimmed, made the binding and attached it Friday night. Saturday a.m. I got up and finished the job.

I took it to the LQS for a little show and share. Tossed it in the washer and dryer. That evening I gifted it to my friend.


Friday night at church I think was the first time I finished everything I took with me to work on. I trimmed the little quilt above. I made and attached the binding. I added the borders to my double four patch. I dethreaded a quilt top that had been washed and frayed that I plan to quilt next.

My double four patch.


I plan to quilt it on the diagonal with wavy lines.

My next quilting subject. A baby BQ that I call purple cow.


I'm going to load the top as if it were the back then load the cow patterned back as the top and outline the spots. I am still trying to decide how I'll transition from spot to spot. Any suggestions?

Hugs!

Swooze

3 comments:

Chantal L. said...

Wow! You kept yourself busy. Lovely quilts. Congrats on the finished one. Love the little 4 patch one. I think the red border is perfect. I have no idea how to quilt the Purple Cow but I love the name. It is fitting! ;^)

Meloney said...

I think I'd do an all over pattern. It's so busy that I'm not sure it will matter, except in the pink.

patty a. said...

May goodness you are getting a lot done! Love that four patch quilt! For the cow spots I would just do a curved line to go from spot to spot.