Monday, January 28, 2019
Monday, January 21, 2019
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
It’s that time! Time to declare what you want to finish for the first quarter of 2019. I try to thoughtfully choose my list of items but as soon as I make that list I start thinking and, and, and. This time is no different! Dang it!
1) BCS Mystery Quilt 2017-2018 needs quilting
2) Armadillo wall hanging. Needs quilting
3) Yoda quilt. Needs quilting
4) Renees yellow top. Needs quilting
5) Awareness - red black. Needs quilting
6) Pink Poppy BQ. Needs quilting
7) Marys Strippy - bike. Needs quilting
8) Vikki's Baby quilt. Needs quilting
9) Double Wedding Ring. Needs quilting
10) Nancies Floral and White Blocks. Needs quilting.
11) Red and White bow tie. Needs quilting
12) Scrappy Mountain Majesties. Needs quilting
13) Pieced together contest. Needs quilting
14) Rays Horse Quilt. Neefs quilting
15) Halloween Half Hexi. Needs quilting
16) Aquarium. Piecing
17) Selvedge Tree. Piecing
18-25) Charity quilts. Needs quilting
26) 3 postcards. New start
27) Hedgehog pincushion. New start
28) I Found a Quilted Heart. New start
29) Strip Stack quilt. Needs quilting
30) Three yard quilt. Needs quilting
Some piecing, lots of quilting. New starts and UFOs. Varietybis the spice of life they say.
Linking with Leanne at She Can Quilt for 1Q Finish Along. Are you playing along?
Sunday, January 06, 2019
I played along this year. The last Bonnie mystery I did was Grand Illusion and I didn’t care for it so I didn’t do any others since then and have loved every single one!
This time when she announced colors I decided I would try to work exclusively from the scraps. I will say that I wanted to employ strip piecing where possible so did cut into some yardage that was actually in one of my scrap bags. I also wanted to make a smaller version in the 45x60 range. I will be closer to 54x72.
I was assembling my blocks along with a friend when she discovered she had 50 too many 4 patches. I asked her for her extras, which she gladly shared. I may just make the quilt the full 72” square size.
Here are ny first blocks.
I went with rusty oranges to golds. Right noe I wish I had chosen brighter oranges but I’ll make these work.
Did you make Good Fortune? I think I will make the January OMG to be make the 35 planned blocks. If I make 49 so much the better!
Linking up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts.