Here is the finished afghan. I worked on it diligently as I am off work and have been on the road. I had to fudge a little as I ran out of yarn. Only one yarn that I used bugs me but it is done and usable. I will put it through the wash and make sure nothing comes undone.
I recently travelled to Michigan. While I was there my boyfriends sister in law asked if I could repair her sons baby quilt. Her recollection was that it needed a new back. When we opened it there were several holes. Some are through and through. When she realized the extent of the damage she said never mind. Knowing my history of fixing some very damaged linens I was not daunted. I brought it home with me.
I have now taken it down to the top, back and center. The backing is in terrible shape and is destined for the trash. It is some poly blend stuff. The center feels like flannel. I was considering patching it but may just replace it. The top looks and feels like bed sheet material. It is all so soft. I am going to cut away the edges as the quilt was birthed and the edges are very frayed. One side where there is a hole all the way through will be cut a little deeper and give me the pieces I will use to repair the other damage. I will show a close up once the repair is complete.
Here is Buddy sunning himself. We have been experiencing 70 degree days. Much better than the -1 we had the day we left Michigan. Yard and garden work has begun. I am looking forward to more outdoor time and motorcycle rides!