Judy L's UFO Challenge

Friday, February 13, 2015

On the Needles (hook) - February 13, 2015

This afghan was started by my mother back in the 70's for my father.  There were just squares and skeins of yarn.  No pattern.  No notes.  When I was in NY last year I lay them on the floor to try to figure out the pattern or plan.  I had to make a few blocks and fix a few where the yarn wash broken or cut or?

It is an odd shape.  Long and skinny.  It will be good enough for a lap.  I am tying in ends.  I have the light color ends all done.  I work on this in front of the tv until I get bored with it.  It's going a lot faster than I thought.  Once I finish tying the ends I will crochet an edge on this.  Any crocheters with suggestions?

If you go back one more post you can see that I completed the second afghan UFO of my mother's.

I am linking up with Judy Ls "On the Needles" post.  Always lots of yarny goodness to see there.






5 comments:

Ann said...

Your crocheted afghan is super sweet. I always use a crab stitch border (3 or 4 rounds) on my afghans. It goes super fast once you have that first round done. Have fun finishing.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

growing and growing - you can tell those are 70's colors!

Ramona said...

How nice that you are finishing things that your mom started. It's special that you both have worked on this afghan. And I agree with the previous comment... Great 70's colors!!

cityquilter grace said...

what precious heirlooms they are....

Judy S. said...

What a nice heirloom you are going to have! Awesome work!