Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, May 09, 2016

Hugs and Kisses

This is a Dorothy Young mystery.  It is from 2009 or 2010.  I went with a red and white theme for what I think are obvious reasons.  It is about 38" square.

I am toying with the idea of a border.  The one I had in mind is a twisted ribbon border.  I am not sure I have enough of the red left.  If I do what color would I use for the back of the ribbon?  I was thinking the back of the red fabric but there is not enough contrast.  I could just do a plain narrow red border.

I have a bright pink from that fabric line but that doesn't thrill me.  In fact I have a light pink to go with but still not too sure about that either.

I do have a blue and can go with a red, white and blue theme.  I might even have a dark blue and could do a two tone blue.

This quilt is currently earmarked for charity.  What are your thoughts?


Thanks for your input!

Swooze

5 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Well, I love the top, the red and white is spectacular. Not a fan of the pink either. if you want the red/white/blue theme the blue would be good. But I kinda think that a red with a shade lighter or darker would look good.

Carole said...

Nice quilt top. Myself, I'm liking more and more quilts without border. Besides, you can call them done a lot quicker! ;) Catch you later!

Rhonda said...

Great quilt! What about the backside of the red. Sometimes that's a good shade lighter.

Lori in South Dakota said...

Gray. Gray can be a neutral to play with red. Or you could match black with gray too.

cityquilter grace said...

red white blue always works...plus i am a blue girl anyway....jmho...