Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, October 22, 2017

OMG Finish

I put the final stitches in this Matchstick Marimba on Friday night. I was commissioned to make this quilt by a high school friend that had admired the other one I completed.



She and I discussed possible colors for the backing and binding. We decided on pink or purple with purple as our first choice if it went with the top. Purple and white were our school colors. We thought it would be a nice touch.



I went shopping for the fabric Saturday and found three possibilities. Of course my favorite was the blue which wasn’t in our plan. We texted back and forth after I shared the picture. Her response was...Oh I really like the blue. I laughed and told her me too. She wasn’t ready to give up on the purple so I suggested blue back and purple binding. Now to quilt it!



Getting the top completed was my October OMG. I’ll be linking up to Elm Street Quilts.

Hugs,

Swooze

8 comments:

patty a. said...

Good job getting the quilt top done!

Rhonda said...

Congrats on the finish. Looks great!!

cityquilter grace said...

very pretty quilt...

Danice G said...

So colorful and pretty. Very nice quilt.

Patty said...

What a fun quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Karen's Korner said...

Love the design. Congratulations on meeting your goal.

Bonnie said...

Love the name of that quilt. And, isn't it always the case that what you think you want isn't what speaks to you at the quilt store. This will be a fun quilt!

UplayOnline said...

So colorful and pretty. Very nice quilt.


แคมฟรอก