Judy L's UFO Challenge

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Purple Cow Finished

I started this quilt back in 2009. I love cow print and had this lavender in my stash so decided to make a purple cow. I didn’t have my Avante back then and hadn’t really given the quilting design a thought.

I had cow print I planned to use for the back. After some thought I decided to outline the cow spots from the back. When I practiced moving the machine over the quilt I quickly decided all those starts and stops weren’t going to work for me. I landed on a design that pretty much is a meander. I think it turned out well.

it’s 47” square and the BQ pattern by Maple Island quilts. I accidentally cut the binding strips at 2”. Was a bit of a squeeze but it worked.





I set my 4Q quarterly goals here. This was #17.

Hugs,

Swooze