Judy L's UFO Challenge

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Stash Report



This is my mother's stash.  The white 13 gallon trash bag was all her fabric and scraps.  There is a small plastic tote on top that has three jelly rolls in it.  I will be assimilating it into my own stash over time.  I already took a small scrap and used it in my rainbow Orca Bay.  I think I will try to do that with all my future quilts.

The brown paper sack (click on photo to see full picture) contains all her patterns and books.  If nothing else she kept it simple.  When I am ready I will be culling what I won't use but it is too soon right now.  She had only one planned project that she bought for when we were together.  I washed the fabric while I was at my parents house when she passed.  We left sooner than expected and I left that fabric up there.  Oh well, I plan to get it when I go back for a visit later this year.

See Patchworktimes for more stash reports.

Happy quilting.

Swooze

5 comments:

julieQ said...

Your moms fabrics will be extra special in your future quilts. I have a few of mothers fabrics that I cherish.

Mel said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I know you will find the fabrics to make something you will cherish.

Lori said...

I had a few bits from my mother's and grandmother's stashes I added to quilts I've made. I often see them and touch those bits and think of them. Its like a link to them.

Quiltsmiles said...

Sorry to hear of your Mom's passing, I hope in time you find comfort from these bits of her treasures. Jane

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I love the idea of a piece of your mom in each of your quilts! I remember the things she bought when she was in Lafayette. She had gotten a table runner and something else. You should make the table runner first!