Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

ALYOF for September

I met my second great niece for the first time back in May.  Her mother told me that the nursery was done in yellows and grays.  I cannot recall if I had already bought these fabrics first with the intent of making a modern quilt or if I bought them after learning this information.

I started my crawl through cyberspace to find a pattern for a baby quilt.  I came across a picture of a pillow that inspired me to make the top pictured below.  It has already been topped and is in the process of being quilted on my DSM.  Yes I know I have the Avante but I wanted straight line quilting and I don't have the tools or skills to accomplish that on her yet.

My goal for this ALYOF is to finish the quilting and bind and mail it to Madison by the end of the month.  To see other peoples goals for A Lovely Year of Finishes for September click here.


Happy Quilting!

swooze

3 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I understand. the first quilt I did on my Avante was a panto for me! It was good for a GREAT BIG learning curve! LOL. I have always loved grey and yellow together!

Anonymous said...

A different combination for a child's room, but I know it will be lovely, and you have all that design space to play in.

Tricia ~~ Handmade Whimzy said...

I love yellow and gray together. Good luck with your quilt.