Judy L's UFO Challenge

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

4-Patch On Point

I got this little quilt done and off the frame.  I had one thread break but luckily retreading fixed the issue as in no more breaks.  I was surprised that I needed more than one bobbin to quilt this.  In fact I kick myself because I only partially filled the next bobbin and ran out again with just 3 motifs left to quilt.

It measures about 38x58.  The most expensive part of this quilt was the batting.  The backing was a $2 find at our guild garage sale.  The four patches were from a 50 cent scrap bag from a retreat garage sale.  The blue was a $1 a yard find at Walmart and the thread was free from Freecycle.  How's that for quilting on a budget?

This will be bound with the same blue used in the top.



Swooze

1 comment:

patty a. said...

What a sweet little quilt. I especially like the one block in the lower left with the thicker striped tan fabric.