Judy L's UFO Challenge

Thursday, March 07, 2019

March OMG

I decided at the last minute to join in with Patty at Elm Street Quilts for the March One Monthly Goal linkup.  What’s the harm if I don’t meet my goal.  The goal last month was to get the borders on this quilt.  As you can see I got the borders attached but what you can probably not see is the corners are not quite done.  At this point I’m thinking there will be a lot of handwork to finish these.  I’m going to try to machine finish one corner to see how it goes.



I have been away from the blog for a bit.  I have been feeling overwhelmed with work.  We are having to learn a new software tool.  It’s been a huge uphill struggle.  This past week I had a breakthrough in my understanding and use of this tool.  I’m no expert but I am able to independently get things done.  This gives me such relief and makes me happy.

So in the evenings reading blogs, much less writing blog posts, was far from my mind.  I read emails and sewed.  That was about it.  I got lots of sewing done.  I’ll share some of these things in the coming days and weeks.

Tomorrow I am heading to the Dallas Quilt Show.  I’m not really in the market for anything specific.  I’m going to spend time there with a new friend.  She has extra activities planned before and after the show.  It should be interesting.

Did you miss me?  I look forward to catching up with you over the coming days.

Swooze

4 comments:

Chantal said...

Good luck with your goal. Yes, I missed you and I'm glad you are back into Blogland. (Also glad to hear you weren't away because of sickness) Enjoy the Dallas Quilt show. ;^)

patty a. said...

I hope you get the corners figured out. New software can be a bear to learn. Sounds like you are over the hump with the breakthrough you had. Have fun at the show.

Deborah said...

I think your quilt is beautiful. Let us know what you did at the quilt show.

Patty said...

Love that quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.