Judy L's UFO Challenge

Monday, September 21, 2020

Freshening Up

As I said before my daughter moved out recently.  I plan to move my stash in there but first!  I had been thinking about hiring someone to come in and patch up some holes and gouges in my walls.  When she vacated the room I texted a friend and asked if he could do the job.  He responded “yes, and very well.”  
I wanted to make it worth the trip so I looked around and came up with a list for him.  I even added a thing or two to make his trip worth it.  I even invited him to stay over and eat my cooking!

He painted my hall bath.  I just wanted a change so tried for a grey with a blue cast to it.  In the photos it looks exactly like that but it’s actually a light blue.  I cannot choose paint to save my life.  This is my third big paint job fail.  Note to self, get a test pot!  It’s not that I dislike it it’s just not what I was going for.



Like a home improvement supplier once told me, it’s better than what was in there before!  Our friend did a few other repairs in the hall bath as well.

In my kids rooms he patched and touched up the paint.  My son had a hole in his ceiling from an installation gone wrong.  He did the same in my bedroom.  In my living room there were some cracks from our slab foundation shifting which he taped, repaired and painted.  Finally the foyer had a settling problem as well but here he had to add trim to cover the gap in the ceiling and wall join.






A definite improvement!

He and my boyfriend are working to install a light above the shower in the master bath now.  Another add on but an addition I would have like to have in the 30 some years since living in the house.


We will get everything put together over the next day or two.  Then the big stash migration will begin!

Do you have any home improvements you’d like to make?

Happy quilting!









2 comments:

patty a. said...

Too bad about the paint color. Bathrooms are a pain to paint in the first place so not getting the right color makes it just that much more painful. It does feel good to get those nagging little issues fixed. So glad you found someone who could do the work and do a good job!

Home improvements - well I have a list that needs some attention. I get thru most of a project, but I always leave something undone. I swear there is something in every room of the house that would take a 1/2 day up to two days and they would be done. I have baseboards that need nailed in place - yes, they are cut to size just not nailed!, I have some painting here and there, and the floor in the laundry room that needs finished to name a few.

cityquilter grace said...

houses always have those little jobs that seem to pile up....feels good to get them done...maybe you can brighten up the bathroom color with wall decorations?