Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, November 08, 2020

Big Accomplishments

I failed to mention I finally got my sewing machine back!  16 weeks and 2 days.  When I dropped it off they quoted 5 weeks before they’d even be able to look at it.  I was ok with that.  There was a good bit of what I call game playing through the whole process.  Telling me my machine was getting old and parts were hard to find, delays in working on it, trying to sell me a new machine, marking up replacement parts and terrible communication.  When I picked it up it supposedly had been serviced.  The oil wick was completely and the bobbin case was full of lint.  I wrote them a review and was contacted immediately.  I didn’t budge and they responded to my review that they don’t do business as I described.  Believe me when I tell you I encountered many others that were in the same boat with their machines and repairs.  Why am I the only nad review out there??  The Stitch House in Plano.  Beware.

So the good news about my machine is that it works. After my friend cleaned and oiled it I went right to work.  Since my last post I’ve managed to get my two BOMs together to the top stage and got the fourth of six QOV tops done.  Two more to go and they only lack the last border.  On a roll!


















I’m taking two two days off in addition to Veterans day this coming week.  I’ll be sewing with my friend at the church.  I plan to finish off the two QOV tops,  sew together the panel that I just cut the coordinating fabric for and was just given a flannel layer cake that I’ll be trying a pattern out with.  These should be quick projects so I’ll be digging in the stash for other projects.  I have a few already cut so thos will be likely candidates!

What are you working on?











4 comments:

Elle said...

Good work! Love those flimsies. And glad you wrote an honest review. Sorry you got screwed out of 16 weeks :-(

julieQ said...

I am glad to know, for my machine needs serviced, and I was looking there!

patty a. said...

I am glad you finally got your machine back. It was the right thing to do - that is write an honest review. There is only one fellow I let touch my sewing machines. I sometimes ship him my machine and I have in the past driven 2 1/2 hours to have him fix my machine while I wait. He was located in Pennsylvania and then moved to Colorado so I would ship my machine from Ohio to CO. He is now back in PA.

You are making great progress on all your projects. With several days of sewing with your group you should be able to get some of this tops done. Have some fun while you sew too!

cityquilter grace said...

such pretty flimsies swooze!