Judy L's UFO Challenge

Sunday, August 01, 2021

August OMG 2021

I’m working from this tutorial by Happy Quilting.  I have most of the pieces cut.  I would say all but as each round is applied I’ve come up short a piece or two.

As I was applying the second round I was antsy to see a finished block so I sewed ahead.  This particular block is all purples but not all of my blocks are like this.  Some are themed in greens, metallics or red, whit and blue.  But mostly scrappy.

The setting will be 6x7.  My goal is to complete all 42 blocks and set them.  Adding a border will be a bonus as I have not thought that far ahead.



One thing that has been good about this is that I’ve had to dig into my scrap bucket for a few more pieces.  This has got me thinking more about using my scraps.  Doing a thing seems to make that thing easier.  Here’s hoping you’ll see more scrap use from me.

Linking with Elm Street Quilts for the One Monthly Goal setting.

4 comments:

patty a. said...

I had to look at the tutorial so I could see how the two very different blocks fit together. This is going to be a neat quilt! Remember how I spent weeks cutting my scraps into strips and squares? I haven't had a chance to use them yet. It seems like other more important projects come up and they just get set aside. Good for you to be using some of yours!

Chantal said...

Looking forward to seeing more of your Stacked Squares quilt as you have lovely scraps. As you know, I love scrappy quilts so thanks for sharing the link. I am keeping that page for a to-do-later quilt. Enjoy! ;^)

KatieQ said...

I like your Stacked Squares blocks. It looks like you've picked some fun scraps to play with. Thanks for the link.

cityquilter grace said...

digging into the scraps is always a slippery slope...lol...nice blocks!