Judy L's UFO Challenge

Friday, April 08, 2011

Loom Knitting Socks

The striped "sample" is my needle knit sock that was given me by my friend. The autumn colored "sample" is a swatch that I knitted on my sock loom. I don't know about you but I think I have achieved success!

I bought the book "Loom Knitting Socks: A Beginner's Guide to Knitting Socks on a Loom" by Isela Phelps recently and read the technical part of the book. I am using a loom made by her husband in 2006 but just now got around to using it. These looms are sold on DA Looms but no longer by the Phelps.

There are 4 ways to make a knit stitch on the loom and my goal was to get the same gauge and look as my hand knitted socks. 3 of the 4 stitches look just like those in my sock but I definately have a preference as to ease of creation and the tension of the completed stitch. Now I just need to figure out how many pegs I need to get my size sock and I think I will embark on my first pair of loom knit socks!!



















3 comments:

ShinyNewThing said...

I recognise those socks! Looking good!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Which sock loom did you use? the circle one of the rectangle with the rounded edges? Do you knit socks with circle and/or double ptd needles too?

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

Moira said...

Hmmmm, we've got a sock loom at work might have to consider getting it since your sample looks so great!

Moira