Judy L's UFO Challenge

Saturday, August 29, 2015

A Finish for The Second Time

I finished my daughters tshirt quilt earlier this month and it went downhill from there. There were gaps in the borders that I was able to ladder stitch closed. Then we noticed there were spots on the binding where it was not sewn to the top correctly.

I removed all my hand stitches, picked out the bad spots where I had not sewn both edges of the binding to the quilt and re-sewed it. Today I finished sewing the binding back down. Here is my report for Lovely Year of Finishes.





Happy quilting!

Swooze

5 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I totally LOVE those t-shirts!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sorry to hear you had such a time with your t-shirt quilt. I have never made one so don't know if it is a lot different than the kinds I make.

Judy S. said...

Looking great! My sis did some of these and found them tricky, too. It's the stretchy fabric probably that doesn't help much.

Bonnie said...

Going downhill and quilting shouldn't be in the same sentence. So sorry you had to redo so much. But good news is it now done correctly. have you finished the binding for the second time?

Rhonda said...

Sometimes that kind of thing happens but you conquered it!!!!! Great job.